Vitamin C has long been known to have many uses for the body, including maintaining endurance and skin health. Vitamin C is known to be safe for consumption and easy to obtain.
Both from food intake and also found in supplements, as a useful complementary nutritional intake.
Vitamin C or often called ascorbic acid is a type of nutrient that dissolves in water and is not produced by the body. Sources of vitamin C you can find on fresh fruits and vegetables, or if necessary from vitamin C supplements.
Vitamin C is necessary for the development as well as maintain the function of organs. Vitamin C also plays a significant role in maintaining immune function.
Important Reasons to Take Vitamin C
Vitamin C has many benefits for body health and skin beauty, among others:
- Improve endurance and help the recovery process. Various complaints such as a cough and colds can be prevented by sufficient vitamin C in the body, especially during fatigue or when going to do strenuous activities.
- As an antioxidant that helps protect body cells from free radical damage. So that inhibits the risk of premature ageing, the course of cancer, and heart disease.
- Vitamin C helps the body in producing collagen, the proteins needed to help the process of wound healing, prevent wrinkles, slow the ageing process, also able to maintain youthfulness and brighten the skin.
- Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron from food and helps the immune system work well to protect the body from disease.
- Some research results believe that vitamin C can help care for the health of cartilage, bone, and teeth.
And also maintain the health of the heart and blood vessels so that it can prevent heart attacks and strokes. Vitamin C is also believed to prevent cataracts and bile diseases.
Take Vitamin C Properly
Vitamin C can be obtained by eating various types of foods such as fruits and vegetables. Natural sources of vitamin C in addition to oranges include kiwi fruit, mango, papaya, pineapple, and vegetables such as broccoli, peppers, and tomatoes.
To complete it, you can take vitamin C supplements, with the appropriate dosage as recommended by the doctor or according to the rules of use contained on the product packaging.
The recommended dose of vitamin C supplement is 75 to 90 mg. When experiencing infection or post-surgery, vitamin C needs will increase, then the consumption of vitamin C will help the healing process.
Consuming vitamin C 500 mg dose per day is considered safe, and enough to maintain health.
Vitamin C with a Periodic Release System
When taking vitamin supplements, there is a choice of vitamin C supplements that have a periodic release system (time release). With this system, the vitamin content will be absorbed by the body’s cells periodically through the bloodstream.
Through the time-release system, adequate body cells for vitamin C can last all day, up to about 12 hours. Time release is a system that helps the absorption of vitamin C is more secure for your stomach, and can reduce side effects that may arise such as abdominal pain and bloat.
With the slow release of vitamin C, this time release system also helps relieve kidney work, making it safer for the kidneys.
To keep the stomach condition healthy, you need to routinely live a healthy lifestyle, adjust the diet, and avoid stress and sufficient rest. When taking vitamin C improve with the recommended doses of doctors.
It is recommended to eat after meals to minimise the risk of stomach upsets caused by taking vitamin C. Choosing vitamin C with a periodic release system can be one way to help reduce this complaint.
Consult further with your doctor regarding the safe and appropriate consumption of vitamin C, especially if you have a history of the disease, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.